CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 22, 2009

To My Youngest Son...

~ A baby is a miraculous gift from God, no matter how one receives it. Some are given the ability to bear them, others the ability to rear them ~
Jensen,
I am writing this to you so that you will ALWAYS & FOREVER no matter what remember me!
First of all, I remember when you were so tiny before I had even met you. Your Dad would always brag and boast and show us lot's of pictures of you at work. I used to think to myself what an amazing, loving, caring Dad you had. I told him often that I thought he was wonderful and you were so lucky to have him.
Then I became good friends with your Daddy. He brought you over to Grandma & Grandpa Kendrick's to visit one day... I couldn't believe it. I still to this day remember that he brought you chicken nuggets, you sat on his lap while he carefully fed you. You were so amazed by the dogs (you still are!!) Anyway, I remember we played outside on the grass, you weren't even walking yet. While I was getting to know you, I was falling head over heals in love with your Dad. We were full speed into a complicated mess!
After life slowed down and we became stable, you became a bigger part of my life. You got to meet your older Brother's Jaden & Jack, you were introduced to many new Family members...(Grandparents, Great Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins etc.) and lot's of Friends. Everyone would laugh and say to me, "I thought you didn't want anymore kids" or "I thought you were done" or "too bad you didn't get a girl." I laughed at all these things but knew in my heart we were meant to meet. You slowly started spending more time with us and the sleep overs...they were the best. You and Daddy would sleep at my house because Daddy was on call for the mortuary, this way if he got called out we wouldn't have to bug you while you were resting.
I had gotten rid of all my "baby" things because it was true...I hadn't planned on anymore, but Daddy and I bought new stuff! Before long my room had been turned into a Baby room! I had diapers in my dresser, baby soap in my bath tub and a crib next to my bed BUT... I was in Heaven!
After a few months Daddy and I decided that we would all live together. We wanted to give you, Jaden & Jack the opportunity to grow, live and be as happy as possible!
It has been almost 1 year since I met you and I fall in love with you more and more every day. I think about you every minute and, miss you every second that your away. I just wanted to tell you, I love you like you are my own flesh and blood...most the time I forget that you AREN'T. In the time I have had the opportunity to know you, you have started walking, running, dancing, singing, laughing, talking etc. Some of the things you say right now are: Ma, Dad, Jadie, One, Welcome, Jaden, Jack, PaPa, NaNa, Sponge Bob, Bolt, Nemo, Door, Bum, Nose, More, Yum and so much more. You LOVE cars, trucks, tractors, 4 wheelers, motorcycles...really, anything with wheels. When we ask you what certain animals say, you make this high pitched squeal and laugh so hard. My favorite game (1 that you play with ONLY me) is the "Hug-Hug Game" It's a game I made up with you. I sit on the floor and ask you if you want to play...you smile so big run to the kitchen, turn around, and run as fast as you can smiling & laughing with your arms out. You get to me, put your head on my shoulder (always the left one) and we hug and laugh. Then... we do it all again, over & over & over.
I love you so much! Thank you for being such an amazing Son, Thank you for letting my love you and kiss you and take care of you. Thank you for loving, kissing, playing and taking care of me. Thank you for being an AWESOME lil Brother to Jaden & Jack and Thank you for sharing your Daddy with us! We are the luckiest family around and I can't wait for all the years to come.

Love,
Jadie (Dadie)

P.S. I added the new song "The Climb" by Miley Cyrus to my play list. It's very common right now, and for some reason every time I hear it... I think of you!

6 comments:

Coatsy's said...

How amazing is that.... it totally brought me to tears.... you are such a wonderful example to others as it doesn't matter if it is flesh or blood.... their your children no matter what... love you for sharing that... love ya

Piper said...

so sweet Jadie! You have always had such a big heart!

Missy Lee said...

Wow Jadie~ That's so great! You are great at writing on your blog. Everytime I try to write something really neat or heartfelt, all of the words escape me. It's like my brain turns off when my fingers hit the keyboard. Anyways, You are amazing and I'm glad to call you my friend!

Jen and Jaylie said...

We don't know each other very well but I love reading your blog. This post is really sweet :)
This saying about being a step parent has always stuck with me...

"he/she didn't grow in my belly but they have grown in my heart"

Rachel said...

Awwee... you almost made me cry (which is easy) but, SUPER sweet. He's lucky to have you!

Cory, Jeri, Brock and Parker T. said...

Wow, How lucky you both are. You're a good mom Jadie.