CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Something I believe in...

If you do not believe in Angels, Spirits, Ghosts etc. do not continue to read this post. If you do, I hope you enjoy 1 of my many experiences.
Last night I got a text, from Jensen’s Mom Alison. She told me that Jensen had a nightmare on Monday night and when she went in to get him he was pointing at his crib crying. She went on to tell me that it freaked her out and her and Jensen slept together the rest of the night. My belief in Angels, Spirits, Ghosts (whatever you want to call them) is something I am proud of. The thing I don’t like… people seem to judge others beliefs deeming people like me…CRAZY. Well, maybe to you I am but all that matters is ME! So…back to the story, I tell Alison that it was a “good” spirit (I do believe there are “bad” ones) I could feel that it was in deed a "good" one! I tell her, I know she’ll think I’m crazy but I think it could have been my Grandma Shirley peeking in on a VERY SPECIAL Baby that I am in love with. My Grandma and I were best friends, she really was my life. I recall the times I would scream and cry (much like Jaden does today with my Dad) when I didn’t get to see her everyday or when I couldn’t sleep over every weekend. She was an incredible person and an AWESOME Grandma.
Anyway, Alison and I continued to talk about this, that & the other then we ended our conversation. Honestly, I didn’t think much of it until I went to bed. I said my prayers and thanked God for my Grandma who I know is with me often and always looking out for me.
Today on my way to work I was listening to the radio, they were playing some “guess the name” game. I was in a zone, not really thinking about anything when all of a sudden the name was guessed, I got the chills…HERBERT!! Are you serious? Herbert? Who has that name these days? Whoever did? Well, the answer to that question is… my Brother Brady, it was a nickname given to him 27 years ago! He was only called this by Grandma Shirley; I haven’t heard her say this for 17 years. In fact… I haven’t heard her at all in 17 years. She passed away at the young age of 57 from Cancer in 1992. God, how I miss her.
So you’re thinking…WIERDO!!! Think what you wish, BUT I know it was a message from my Grandma telling me IT WAS HER WATCHING OVER MY 3rd Son!!! I love you Gram!

P.S. I changed my song, this is the song that was performed at My Grandma's funeral. 17 years later... it still brings a tear to the eyes all the Girl's in my family.

6 comments:

The Payson Olsen's said...

Wow That is an amazing story.. I have had something like that happen and it came through the radio too... It was a song, I STRONGLY believe our love ones speak to us in so many ways.... I am so thankful that you shared this amazing experience. Thanks

Brandy Christensen said...

I just got chills reading this!!! I also believe there are good spirits here to watch over us!!! I know that we don't know each other very well, but I think you are an amazing person.....your boys are very lucky to have you!!!

Jadie said...

Shay, I am so glad you enjoyed my experience. I was a little nervous about posting it.

Brandy, THANKS you so much for your comment. I really appreciate you.

Coatsy's said...

i am crying right now..... that is an amazing experience.. i have had a those little angles present in my life. i believe.... so i am crying that is the song they played at my brothers funeral.. and oh how i know the feeling of missing your grandma. my grandma was so excited for a little girl to be in the family, so when we found out chloe was a girl, she would send little things every week.... well my grandma passed away 3-days before chloe came. they say that someone has to go in order for a new one to come... she would have loved chloe... Your boys are so freaking lucky to have you as a mother. your an amazing person..... love you

Cory, Jeri, Brock and Parker T. said...

Jadie, I don't think you are crazy at all. I love when things like that happen. Guess what, I feel very much the same about my grandma. She died when I was 17 in 1995 (from Cancer) Her name was Shirley.

Kaysie said...

Jade, next time you see my mom tell her this story and ask her about the song "forever young".
I love that your baby has a special angel watching over him. He's a luckky little man!