CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas & Christmas Traditions

This year was a lot like every other year EXCEPT...last year. With my Mom being gone last year during Christmas we let a few traditions* slide. Christmas Eve service at church and jammies were just a few of them. Well, that's in the past so here is to this year and the many to come with ALL my Family together and HAPPY!

We started out with Christmas Eve gifts. Mom & Dad bought everyone new jammies (another tradition*). Ben and I invited a good Friend, Mark to spend Christmas eve, Christmas morning, and Christmas day with us. We took a few pictures around the tree, then we all jumped in our cars and headed to Grandpa Verlo Kendrick's grave to turn on the lights on his tree. (Tradition*, my Grandparents in Heaven are NEVER forgotten.) After Grandpa's we headed to church for the infamous Candle light service (Tradition*.)

Mark, Me, Benji

My BeAuTiFuL Parents
After church we head to Grandma Shirley's grave and turn her tree on (Tradition*.) This year Ben, Mark, Jensen and I didn't make it to Grandma's because we were on a time limit to pick up Jack in Draper.


We decided this year to have a sleep over at Grandma and Grandpa's. It was lot's of fun for Me and the Boy's but Daddy Ben had to leave about 10 because his allergies were so bad. I made him promise, swear on a stack of bibles, scouts honor etc. that he would be back by 5:30 am.
HE was!!!

This year I decided I didn't want Santa to get the credit for our hard earned money that bought the gifts SO... Santa didn't leave much and I LOVED IT!

Jaden's Santa Stash

Cheeser... Jaden was genuinely thankful this year! Yep, that's my Dad in the Scooby Doo PJ's!!!

Lil Jack's Santa Stash
Fake smile??? Na...
I think he just wanted to cut the pictures and start opening presents!Jensens Santa Stash Jensen on his new 4 wheeler you'd think was his FAVORITE, noper...
See the Woody doll in his hand???... that lame little thing was!!!

After the gift exchange everyone helps clean up then we play! While everyone is playing Mom and I (mostly Mom) prepare an awesome breakfast (Tradition*.) The day continues with visiting, munching, a drink or 2 (52 if your Ben...LOL) and almost always there is a Christmas nap fit in the day somewhere (Tradition*.)

Christmas this year was awesome as it is every year EXCEPT last year... again it just wasn't the same with Mom in California.

So AGAIN, I say...

I'm so thankful to have all my Family healthy, happy and most of all TOGETHER!!!

1 comment:

Coatsy's said...

i am so glad you guys were together as a family..... i just love you guys to pieces.... you guys are such a strong rock for me, especially for being my stand in mama's.... i love you guys to the moon and back forever... i hope you are feeling better... i love you!!