CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 15, 2012

He spoke, I listened...

Sunday, the day I look forward to all week. It's a day of worship, family and rest.

Today was an unusually different Sunday for me. It was an emotional, beautiful, amazing, phenomenal day!!! Besides giving birth to my boys, marrying Ben and gaining Jensen... it was THE MOST astounding day I have EVER had.

The day started out as any other Sunday. I woke up, had some coffee, got ready and headed to church (one of my favorite places). While listening to the Pastor Christine's message today, I was irritated. I was mad because I wasn't getting anything out of it, I caught myself thinking about home, work, laundry, what I would make for dinner etc. and then it hit me as clear as day...



I felt God sit down next to me,

he grabbed my hand and said

"I am here with you and I love you."



I listened to a woman that I adore, that I look up to and cherish. A woman that came into my life at the perfect moment, I just didn't know it until today. She is Pastor Christine Nelson. If you know her, consider yourself blessed. If you don't, you need to!




Before I go on, I need to back track and tell you about two experiences I have had. Two separate people, two separate babies, two separate situations but ONE God by their side before, during and after.



In March 2010 I became friends with one of my biggest enemies. We grew close and our friendship became like non other all because of a baby. This baby was soon to be placed for adoption. The most admirable decision I have ever witnessed but one of the saddest as well. Not that I think adoption is sad, but it is... What a sacrifice for a Mother to make, one that you could only do with the help of God.


In the mean time I met a girl that I loved from the get go, one night she called me and said that she was pregnant and she was placing the baby for adoption. My immediate thought was"can I support and befriend someone in this situation again?"

Selfish? maybe. Under educated?absolutely.

I remember praying different prayers at different times for these girls, their babies and the families on both ends and I remember asking God "why had he wanted me to be a part of this? Why was I feeling so compelled to learn from these girls? Why?" Two years have gone by and today... HE finally answered.


Back to today, Pastor Christine was telling us about the Pregnancy Resource Center / PRC. The PRC is a corporation that helps both guys and girls who are unprepared for pregnancy learn their options. They provide counsel, practical resource, referrals and so much more.

Pregnancy Resource Center has helped over 1,600 clients and they continue to receive help at no cost.



NO COST? Here is when it was starting to make sense. And then Pastor Christine went on to talk about Karen and the role she passionately played for the PRC, and then it hit me... Karen. The Karen, Pastor Christine spoke about today has terminal cancer. They more I heard the harder I cried. I cried because I knew in my heart I am supposed to help. After the message I cried tears of joy because I knew what I needed to do.


I waited until church was over and I went straight to Pastor Christine. My plan was that I would tell her I want to help anyway I can. I wanted to make her aware that I feel very passionate about this situation and when I got in front of her I opened my mouth and God spoke...NOT me, God... I blurt out, "I want to take her place," I want to carry this on in Good Shepherd, I want to take over for Karen and I know this is right because, God told me today. He has been planning and teaching me about a passion that I love and today he put his plan into place. I am so lucky. Lucky to have God and Lucky to follow in Karen's foot steps.


I don't know what this chapter of my life entails just yet but... I can assure you, I will not leave you hanging. If you wanna follow my amazing new ride, jump on. I'd love to have you. I'll need your love but most of all your support!


I'm so thankful to my Father in Heaven for giving birth to my purpose in life on this day!


Amen

2 comments:

Lara Phister said...

Wow!

Cory, Jeri, Brock and Parker T. said...

That is amazing Jadie! I'm so happy for you, and excited!