CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A very expensive Day's of 47 Rodeo...

On July 21, 2009 we were lucky enough to get free tickets to the:Uncle Woody received a free suite and invited all of us! SO you're probably thinking...if the tickets were free, why was the Rodeo so expensive?! Keep reading to get the answer!
My Handsome Pa keeping score!
My Lil Jack~ee
My Mom and I

The love of my life and I Jensey playing with his cars and trucks. I always carry a few in my purse
because they keep him entertained anywhere and everywhere we go!
Mommy and Jack BEST BUDS
Everyone needs a good beverage at the RODEO!
Whiplash the Monkey... He is always our FAVORITE part of the Rodeo!
About 1/2 way thru the Rodeo I noticed Jaden run outside of the suite so I quickly followed him. He was stopped just outside the door and was gasping for air. He told me he was fine but was having a hard time breathing. I ran and grabbed his inhaler, gave him a few hits, waited... while waiting I noticed Ben was struggling to breath as well! At this point I grabbed Jack and Jensen and told everyone we had to leave because Jaden and Ben could not breathe. We went home that night and immediately I started Jaden on his emergency dose of steroids. Usually when we start steroids we are in the clear after a day. Unfortunately that was not the case this time. The week came and went then the weekend came... I knew he wasn't doing the best BUT I didn't think he was real bad either. On Sunday evening Jaden came to me asking for his inhaler, when I looked at him I noticed his lips were blue! Not the best thing to see on your Son. I grabbed my shoes, yelled to Ben I was off to the Instacare and we left. I am so thankful to God that we left when we did! Good Oxygen Sats are 95-100, under 90 is dangerous, when you get in the low 80s...your loosing brain cells due to the lack of Oxygen, Jaden was between 82-85. The lowest I have ever seen him.
They immediately started inhaled steroids and oxygen then...
They whisked him away in an ambulance. I wish I could say this was a first for him BUT it wasn't. This was the 3rd time in his life he has been taken by ambulance to Primary Children's due to his asthma.
Jaden's AMAZING Daddy rode with him because I get so dang sick (the last time I threw up in the ambulance and I was so embarrassed I wanted to die in it!)
Taking a break from the O2 trying to see if he can breathe on room air.

We were so thankful when we noticed we had Dad/Ben as a Resident that night!

The Resident should have known where,
whatever he was looking for was! LOL

In our room watching a movie...
We watched tonz... Free Willy, Flipper, The Indian in the Cupboard to name a few!

Primary's is such an amazing hospital. They brought crafts and toys and video games and great food and WHATEVER else you want to keep Parents and Kids happy!
Jaden is so lucky, his Dad left his side ONLY for 2 hours or so, just to run home and get us clean changes of clothes.
FINALLY he is breathing on room air only!
This was while we were waiting to be released,
Jaden was getting sick of being in bed so he and Dad traded places!
Day's of 47 tickets for our Family to sit in the suite: FREE
Dinner and junk food: $50 BUCKS
Instacare, Ambulance & 2 days at Primary Children's Hospital (Not including Dr.s): $5,798.00

2 comments:

Marshall, Lauren and Walker said...

I'm so glad Jaden is okay. What a scary situation! Don't you hate getting those bills? It makes me sick everytime anyone has to go to the hospital because you know its going to cost you an arm and a leg. Atleast he's okay though, thats all that counts!

Chelsea said...

How scary! I am so happy that he is doing better. What a lucky boy to have such great parents and support! You are awesome.