CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 17, 2008

"Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same."

We did it...
We were married in a quiet ceremony on Friday April 11th. Besides us, there were our kids and my parent's. Candace (1 of my best friends) was there to take pictures and be a part of our day! Thanks Candy for coming! After the ceremony we went outside to take some pictures but because it was so cold we kinda rushed right thru it, then we went to PF Chang for lunch. Lunch was fun; it was good food and great company! My little Jack was a bit emotional when he realized he couldn't get a hot dog. Jaden was such a big brother; he showed Jack that lunch didn't have to be boring because we each had our own setting of chopsticks. With the "adults" being busy talking and laughing we didn't notice Jack stick 1 of the chopsticks in his ear until he started screaming! It scared me so bad but he stopped crying and went to sleep the rest of lunch (Phew!)


Gary and I decided because we have a 2-week vacation planned in July, we would just go to Park City for the night. As we were leaving lunch (starting our 4 day weekend off together) Gary looked at me with the cutest smile and said "well, since we are all the way down town, do you care if we stop and pick up my transmission. I laughed so hard thinking ~ not many people could top this (what was the 1st thing you did as husband and wife) ~ Anyway, we got to Park City, changed and went to Main Street. We had so much fun walking around in and out of the little shops; of course we stopped into Harley and bought sweatshirts!
Then we went to a local pub and had a few drinks. Later when we got back to the hotel I sprung my little surprise on him… I brought a wedding cake; it was small, sweet and something traditional. So we ate cake and watched the Miss USA pageant…how romantic! Saturday morning we were up, checked out, had breakfast and on our way home by 8:00 am. Call us crazy but we are total "early birds" but it gave us time to get the Harley out and enjoy a ride before Jaden and Jacks baseball games.
My lil' Chicago Cub, GO CUBS! My little A Rod, GO YANKEES
Saturday night we had a BBQ with some friends and Sunday we went to the Bees game. (Jack didn't go he was having Daddy time) It was so beautiful and sunny outside. I should have gotten "Mom of the Year" award cuz I forgot sunblock, can ya tell...?
Jaden and Mom Jaden and Dad
Jaden, Big bro Kyle, and Dad
Monday we started off our "real" new life together (Honeymoon was now over!) We did yard work, cleaned out the garage and brought the camp trailer home from storage!
Later that night we cooked a yummy summer dinner then decided to end the great weekend with an evening walk around the neighborhood. Jack wanted to ride his tricycle, so we let him! It was so cute, he pedaled his little legs off the whole way. We went down to the library, (Gary checks out books on tape for when he's drivin') and back; But the cutest thing was my baby boy in his Thomas the Train jammies, flip flops and jacket, parking his tricycle where the "big boy" bikes go!
Poor little guy was so worn out; when we got home he went right to sleep!
Well, I think that pretty much sums up our first week as a "family" I will get some pictures of the wedding posted soon. Love ya all, Jadie and Co.

2 comments:

candace said...

So cute! You guys make the perfect little family! Keep up the good work. I can't wait for you to post your wedding pictures!

Cory, Jeri, Brock and Parker T. said...

What a fun new life you are starting. I have to admit,I am totally bummed that you have moved. But, this will be a good way to keep in touch, right.