CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 26, 2008

This is for Candace...

Today while I was supposed to be working... I came across this poem. I knew when I began reading it I knew exactly what I was to do, so here it is:

You're never alone, I'm always near,
When your troubled, down or blue.
All you have to do is call me, I'm always here for you.
It doesn't matter where I'm at, It doesn't matter when.
When you need someone to talk to, I'm here to be your friend.
If you need someone to hold your hand, or a hug to say I care.
If you need a shoulder to cry on, for you I will be there.
So never think you are a burden, when the weight gets to be to much.
You might find if you look hard enough,a good friend could be the right touch.
You're never alone, I'm always here, through the good times and the bad.
I'm always here to be your friend, I don't like to see you sad.


This post is for 1 of my many Best Friends Candace, she is an amazing person. Candace is currently taking care of the love of her life, her husband Cory who is battling Cancer for the 2 nd time. I have known Candace for more than 20 years, what a blast it has been being her friend! Each day I talk to her or see her I think 'who would have thought... 20 years ago all we cared about was who was going to finish lunch and get out to the swings first.' Candace every day I am more and more impressed with the person you are. Your strength and courage is such an inspiration to me, I am so proud to be a part of your life. Cory is so lucky to have such a loving, caring wife.

"When it hurts to look back and your scared to look ahead you can look beside you and your best friend will be there."

I love you girl!
Jadie

2 comments:

Amber said...

Jadie-That was so Awesome!! It made me cry. I had to read it twice. You are such a WONDERFUL FRIEND. So many of us are Lucky to have you in our lifes. My HEART goes out to Candace and her family. She seems so strong. loving and caring. I can't even express what my heart feels for her and her family and I don't even know them. YOU are a GREAT Freind & Person. I love ya!! ~Dutch Boy~

Kamille said...

Such a sweet post. I'm thinking you must be one of her friends from high school? If you are I've heard all about you and you're an amazing friend. I'm so glad to know you stock my blog. Can't wait to stock yours.