CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 5, 2008

Time flies...

Well here we are, on the down hill side to getting HITCHED! I must admit I haven't been as excited, as I should because I am feeling over whelmed. Gary and I have been on opposite shifts for the past couple of weeks; in fact, we don't have a day off together until Friday (the BIG day)

With all the craziness of combining 2 houses and 2 families into 1 it has made me loose focus on the day that is going to mean the most in our lives as Husband and Wife. To make it easy, I really want simple, simple, simple. I tried to tell my family I was going to wear dress pants and a jacket or capri's, I didn't want to hear what I SHOULD wear and SHOULD do. I didn't have the time or the desire to look for something to wear. I didn't think about colors, flowers, cake etc. BUT, my cute "husband to be" wanted to make sure it is sweet along with simple. He told me to STOP packing, forget about the moving part and focus on this 1 day. He sent me all over, here there and everywhere getting things to make our day a little"sweeter."


So Wednesday, I got a babysitter (thanks Aunt Sheila) and my Mom and I went shopping. We had so much fun trying on dresses and shoes together. Anyway, I found a dress (that's right me JADIE, is wearing a dress). It's black and white and darling; I also picked out Gary's outfit to match. To sum up Wednesday, I got so much done and FINALLY I was getting excited.

Thursday I had so many things to do: get outfits for the kids, pick up Gary's ring, call my cute Candace and have her change the (brown and green) announcements to black, white and hot pink, pick out a small flower arrangement etc. So, I made my list!

I got a babysitter AGAIN (thanks Mom) and waited for Megan to get out of school. (I wanted Bree to go too but she had work) Megan and I were on a mission, we knew it was going to be hard to find "hot" pink for my boys to wear but we were optimistic that we would find it! We started out with our normal stop at Starbucks, then off to the mall. Megan spotted the shirts for Jaden and Jack quick and they are so cute. We found them some pants to match the shoes I bought them the day before and suddenly...things were coming together. After the mall we went to pick out a small bouquet for me to hold and a boutonniere for Gary. I laughed so hard with Megan but especially when we went to pick out flowers. Suddenly this turned into "Megan's wedding" :)
We looked at some books and then they girl brought us some flowers to look at. Megan fell in love with the hot pink Gerber, ok... I did too! But, once she seen that flower, we saw no more!


Finally, we were done. No it was home to get ready for 3 days of 12-hour shifts at the prison.
Who would have thought this:
Would feel like this:

Hope all is well with everyone. Lot's of love Jadie and co.

4 comments:

Amber said...

Hellooo...Sweetie.
Wow, the time is flying isn't. I am so happy 4 the two of you. :0) Your getting pretty crafty at this blogging stuff to!! It takes me all day to do one thing! i shit you not. Tell everyone "HELLO" for me. I miss you all. if you and gary want to get away ever, run to my house K....love ya. Dutch Boy

The Swains said...

Jadie,

This blog is so cute! So your getting married. I am so happy for you!! I want to see pictures of your cute new family!

Love Erika

candace said...

Go go girl! I am loving it and you are doing such a good job! Your little wedding is going to be oh so special. I am excited!

Amber said...

I know your busy getting married and all but would you update this thing!!! Love always. The Dutch Boy