CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 26, 2011

I love the FAITH of a child...

Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord and, has made the Lord his hope and confidence.


- Jeremiah 17:7

Last week Ben, Me, Jaden, Jack and Jens were all in the car driving home. Out of nowhere Jack said "Mom how are we going to know where Aunt Ruth is buried?" ( Aunt Ruth passed away the beginning of November.) I said "Well honey, Aunt Ruth wasn't buried, she was cremated." He thought for a minute and said "Why did they do that?" We went on to explain that some people choose to be cremated and some choose to be buried. Jaden immediately said "that's what I want, to be cremated." (As if this whole death/kid conversation wasn't hard enough to swallow...) Jack jumps in and says "Not me, I don't want to be burned." Jaden stopped him and said "sick Jack do you just want your body to rot?" Jack (without missing a beat) says "NO! I want to be buried so I can be REINCARNATED!" Really??? Where does this kid come from?

In the same car ride home we have another similar conversation. It went like this:

Jensen: "Mom I want to hug Jesus."
Me: "I do too Jens, wouldn't it be great?!"
Jack: "It would be so neat because even if we have just a bruise, Jesus would hug it right away."



I wish he'd listen to me like he listens in church!!!

No comments: