CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Ben's Burn

On July 15th I received a phone call from my sweet, innocent, loving Husband.
This was how the conversation went:

Me: Hello?
Ben: Hi Babe, Um... what is our insurance info?
Me: Vehicle or Medical? (I can here people in the background) Why are you still at work?
Ben: Medical, (lady in background talking)
Me: Ben? Where are you?
Ben: I'm fine... I'm...
Me: BEN...? Where are you?
Ben: I'm fine, I;m in the ER...
Me: What? What's wrong? What happened? Are you okay?
Ben: I'm fine, I burned my hand on...
Me: I'm on my way.
Here is what I saw when I got there.
By the way, I would not have known he was in the ER if he didn't need to call me for the insurance info. So... this was the burn he received from the exhaust pipe on his motorcycle.
ER Doctor Diagnosis: Have it seen at the U of U Burn Clinic in the morning.

This was 10 days after.

Can you believe he was still telling me he didn't need to go to the Burn Clinic?
Finally... work would not let him come back without a Doctor release,
so he went to our family Doc and guess what she said... "I will not release you until you've been seen by the U of U Burn Clinic." Guess what the diagnosis was? SKIN GRAFTS! But, Ben is smart and he knows the most! LOL

Here is my goofy Husband waiting for surgery!

The graft site, his hip.

4 days after surgery, looking good. At least that's what the Doctor said!

2 weeks after... Doctor still says it looks good. YUCK!

10 weeks later... Now I'm the one saying it looks good!

What an emotional, painful, roller coaster! We are so happy to have this behind us and we are so thankful that it wasn't as bad as some of the patients we seen during our many times at the clinic.

No comments: