CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

MaMa Jan...

Well... If this doesn't have Mama's name written all over it! (No pun intended!!!)
A few months ago my BF Alicia (aka, Sister) went to Provo ti visit Mama Jan's grave. When we got to the site there was nothing but a tiny piece of plastic that simply said her name, birthday and the day she died. It was hard to swallow, She was so incredible and we needed a "Headstone" that would stand out like no other.
As we left the cemetery Alicia and I decided to go "shopping" but not the kind of "shopping" we normally do. We were in search of the perfect headstone. P.S. Not the best "shopping therapy" but we made the best of it!!!
We walked into the little empty place full of granite, cement, dirty bathroom, filthy men, huge dogs, etc. I have to admit, it was pretty intimidating at first. Like so many other "Ma & Pa shops" the first impression was so far off! After lot's of looking and explaining to the amazing man that worked there, Brett. We figured it out!!! With a little money (Pun intended) a drawing, and all the necessary items... OUR creation was ready and in place for Memorial Day!!!
I know she LOVES it. I could feel her with us the day we picked it.
For such an emotional task, She held our hands and told us what she wanted.

To Mama,
I think about you every day. I love the bond that we developed and I will forever cherish it. Thank you for bringing me and Alicia back together and assisting us to be each others BEST FOREVER FRIENDS. I know you know but... She is doing AMAZING things for everyone. I love you to the moon & back. Don't forget to "keep" poppin' in on My little Family.

Alicia,
Thank you for being THE BEST FRIEND I could ask for. I love you more then you'll ever understand. Thank you for always standing by me. Even when you don't agree with things I do...you are there and I know you will catch me if I fall!
I love you to the Moon & Back...FOREVER!!!

3 comments:

Coatsy's said...

i love you so much. You will never know how much. You are such an amazing friend, mama, sister, daughter and wife........ If only i could share with everyone the amazing things you have done for me... i love you to the moon & back.... Forever

Leslie said...

B-U-T-FUL!

Leslie said...

and looking that that...it looks like Im saying BUTTFULL! Which I totally AM NOT! Just say the letters.